If you have trouble logging into your Myschools account, please watch this video: https://vimeo.com/488986238
Public Schools: Letters were mailed yesterday from the DOE to your homes with the address we have on file for you. These letters contain information about how to log into your myschools account which will allow you to access your High School application and register for the SHSAT (if interested). Please be on the lookout for these letters which should arrive in the next few days. If you've had a change of address, please have your child bring in proof of address to the main office so that we can correct it as soon as possible.
Catholic Schools: You must register for the TACHS by October 24, 2021 if you wish to apply to a Catholic High School. Once you register, you should print out the Applicant Record from [http://www.tachsinfo.com,]www.tachsinfo.com, fill out the top part of the Applicant Record, and have the student bring it to me in Room 224.
There are many Queens Catholic School Open Houses this weekend. You can see the list on Page 24 of the Student Handbook at www.tachsinfo.com.
Updates on SHSAT:
Welcome Letters: Starting later this week, welcome letters will become available to families. As of today (October 13) welcome letters are not yet available for families. Each student’s personalized welcome letter will include details on how to access their MySchools account, participate in admissions, and register for the SHSAT. Printed welcome letters will be mailed to public school 8th grade families, and families can request a copy of their child’s welcome letter from their current school counselor.
Registration for the SHSAT will open later this week, after welcome letters are available.
As of today (October 13), registration for the SHSAT is not yet open for families or school staff.
Families will be able to register their child in the family-facing MySchools site (myschools.nyc).
The deadline to register for the SHSAT is November 15, 2021.
Test Dates and Locations:
Registered 8th grade students who attend a public DOE middle school will test at their current school during the school day on Thursday, December 2.
Students and their families can prepare for the SHSAT now. Learn more and take practice tests at schools.nyc.gov/SHS
For PUBLIC high school:
Please sign up for alerts at schools.nyc.gov/high so that you receive the most up to date information from the DOE regarding the High School application process.
In mid-October, each student will receive a personalized welcome letter by mail; this letter includes information on how to access your MySchools <https://www.myschools.nyc/en/> account and participate in high school and Specialized High Schools admissions<https://www.schools.nyc.gov/enrollment/enroll-grade-by-grade/specialized-high-schools>. You can also request a copy of this letter from your school counselor.
For Students Applying to High School During the 2021-2022 School Year, Entering High School in Fall 2022
* <https://www.schools.nyc.gov/sign-up> As announced by the Chancellor in December 2020, all geographic-based admissions priorities (priority to attend a particular high school program based on where a student lives) for high school admissions have been eliminated, beginning for students applying this year and entering high school in fall 2022.
* Sign up<https://www.schools.nyc.gov/sign-up> for our high school admissions email list to get the latest updates on admissions for fall 2022.
For information regarding Specialized High Schools, please go to schools.nyc.gov/SHS for information. Registration has not yet begun for the Specialized High School Test.
For CATHOLIC high school:
Please remember that if your child is applying to Catholic School AND needs an extended time accommodation for the TACHS, the deadline is FRIDAY, OCTOBER 8 to submit your request and all documentation.
Further information can be found at www.tachsinfo.com.
Thank you to those of you who have already handed in your Applicant Record to apply to the Catholic High Schools. Here is some info straight from the TACHS website. Please see <https://www.tachsinfo.com/home.aspx> for any information regarding applying to Catholic High Schools.
• Review online remote testing system and device requirements prior to registration.
• Understand and be able to consent to the use of Proctorio; the AI (Artificial Intelligence) system that will monitor and record your student’s test session.
• Register for the exam via Internet at <https://www.tachsinfo.com/home.aspx> or telephone at 1-866-61TACHS (1-866-618-2247) between August 23, 2021 7:59 EST and October 24, 2021 11:59 EST. Do not miss the deadline!
• On the day you register, read and review the follow-up email that will be sent to you which will provide other important information regarding preparing for testing, and the next necessary steps.
• If applicable, complete and submit the Eligibility Form for Students Needing Extended Testing Time, to your aligned diocese no later than October 8, 2021. There are NO deadline exceptions.
• After you register (you will need your assigned TACHS id), but prior to 5:00 PM EST on November 5, 2021, enter your High School choices at <https://www.tachsinfo.com/home.aspx>. Your choices may be entered/changed up until November 5, 5:00 EST. Failure to complete this information by November 5, will result in scores being unavailable to your High School choices.
• Attend High School Information Fairs/Expos and Open Houses if they are available. (attendance is optional).
• Answer sample test questions in the back of the online Student Handbook. No online practice test is available.
• On November 2, receive your test date/time/session code via the email address you provided at the time of registration. You will not be able to start your test session on the day/time of testing without this information. Between Nov 1-5, you may also access your test date/time/test session code at <https://www.tachsinfo.com/home.aspx> by entering your TACHS id and email address or call 1-866-61TACHS (1-866-618-2247) if you did not receive your email and/or are unable to access your test date/time/session code at https://www.tachsinfo.com/home.aspx>.
• Continue to monitor for any updated Parent Guides/Tips for Testing Day at <https://www.tachsinfo.com/home.aspx> up until your day of testing. Failure to do so, may negatively impact the student testing experience.
• BE ON TIME. Students logging in more than 30 minutes after their test session begins, will not be able to enter the exam.
• Begin the logging in process no less than 30 minutes prior to your test session time.
• Public school students: provide your 8th grade counselor with a copy of the Applicant Record form with Section A completed, ask them to complete the remaining three sections and photocopy as needed. A school official should mail copies of the Applicant Record to each of the student’s (3) HS choices to arrive on/before December 15, 2021.
• Receive your High School Admissions Notice and scored Home Reports in mid-January.